After reading our post How to Select Your Next Commercial Roofer you should have an intimate picture of a given contractor. This can help effectively rule-out those roofing firms that are unable to document the standards that ensure a quality job will be completed on your building and minimize risk and unforeseen expense (aka “Change Order hell”).
As a qualified commercial roofer they should be asking you a number of key questions to help focus the attention on addressing your needs:
Click “+” to expand for additional helpful hints
1) Building Use
- a) What type of business (owner or tenant) occupies your commercial building?
- b) What is the specific use?
- c) Do you anticipate this use to change anytime in the future and if so, when?
- a) What type of warranty is your company looking for and of what duration?
- b) Does your firm know the differences between a manufacturer’s NDL (No Dollar Limit) Warranty, a Material-Only Warranty and a contractor’s Workmanship Warranty?
3) Green Roofing and LEED Roofing Systems
- a) Is your firm concerned about the newest roof technologies, design integrity, roofing quality, and long-term maintenance to ensure roof performance or just price?
- b) Is your firm concerned about energy efficiency as it relates to a new commercial roofing system?
Now we’re at the point where a commercial building owner can be fully confident that they have sufficient information to make informed decisions about what type of roofing system best serves their needs and who is the best contractor to perform the work.
Still have questions?
Send us an email or give us a call. Informed decisions are always the best decisions.Contact Us